Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Family Traditions..


Looking at that old classic picture I drifted back to when things seemed simpler and slower. When Family Traditions where acted out each and every year and not just talked about.. When the joy that filled the air was based more on what people felt for each other instead of the- getting or receiving of things!  

....... Moments instead of the Things .......

For the last couple years now Dale and I have been trying very hard to take the mindset of Santa, Santa, Santa and re-focus the boys on the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas.

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign; Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

 The pressure to buy, buy, buy is insane. 
And in all the rushing and wrapping I admit there has been a time or two where I have lost sight of why we even have such a holiday to celebrate in the first place. My hope is that one day Dale and I can take the boys on a Mission trip for Christmas and show them how we can be blessed by serving others without getting material things in return. 

Until then we will have a little fun, get into the holiday spirit a bit.. 
And build some of our own very special Family Traditions. 




1 comment:

  1. I am all for that. I am glad to see you posting. How are you doing. I tried to find you on Facebook. I must be spelling something wrong. Let me know what to look up. Just want you to know your blog is a delight to me...as is your friendship..... you will gain more readers in time. It took ma a while at first. if you stay consistant and perhaps visit other blogs and let them know you are here, you will grow readers. Much love to you. Hugs, Mica

    ReplyDelete