Thursday, September 18, 2008

the sky is falling.. the sky is falling..

Today I was reminded by my husband that the sky is indeed still in tact and that there are no pieces starting to fall. Whew! Talk about a much needed reality check.  As many of you know, there has been a lot going on the past couple months. Like- adjusting to life on a big WET rock, ordering homeschooling curriculum (and actually start to use it), prepare myself mentally and physically for Dale to deploy for 2 months, not to mention the slew of doctors appointments thrown in here and there for all my "girl" problems. Ahhh! So what's a girl to do with all this on her plate, you ask? Plan- plan it all out as specific and rigid as possible, leaving NO ROOM FOR ERROR! Because that is just what a TYPE A personality does, you see. They plan and prepare and plan to plan for the plan. Do you get all those plans? Well I had my perfect little plan all planned out of course, and memorized to boot.. (yes, I know- I need help) But you see today is the breaking point.. Today is the day that I realized that I need help (thank you, honey)... Today, I realized that I can no longer function on a healthy, stress less level by neurotically PLANNING!!! Life is too dang bumpy. Life is too dang unpredictable. Life is day to day.. Do I know this- OF COURSE I DO! Do I put this into PRACTICE- well just read above one more time and count the word PLAN and get back to me on that question.. :) 

So after my husband gently rebuked me on my stronghold- I went to see what scripture had to say about my planning issues.. And I thought I would share with you some of what I read that really got my attention. (The scripture(s) in Matthew I should know by heart, I have read them so many times.. )

Psalms 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God"

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and no to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important that food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.

Matthew 11:28-31
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


1 comment: