Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moments.


Moments in my life feel like the vast Sea.

Some days are calm and as smooth as glass, and then there are days where the undertow sucks me down under- too deep to see which way is up. As I finally find my way, I get pulled under again, not able to catch my breath.. I start to panic, desperately grasping for anything to pull me back up, and then a quiet voice whispers to me-

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters ... they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God" (Isaiah 43:1-3)"

Trying to handle this life on our own, without His guidance, grace and comfort will ALWAYS leave us feeling overwhelmed.. Like a itty bitty minnow trying to swim away from the great white sharks. But the amazing thing is that we don't have to feel that way. Our moments don't have to be in our own effort.. That was never His design.. And that is exactly why it is sooooo important to etch the word of God onto our hearts. To have scripture on the forefront on our minds..

I started reading a book called "Putting On a Gentle & Quiet Spirit" By: Elizabeth George and I came across this-

"as we put on God's gentle and quiet spirit and rely on the Lord instead of our human efforts and emotions, as we wait on Him to make sense and use of our suffering times, then indeed we have much to show in the end. Every time we endure hard times, we prove that the glory of the Lord is truly revealed in the end. As the psalmist declared,

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man [or woman] who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8"

Thank You Lord for providing me with a Life Jacket.
Help me to remember to always wear it.




No comments:

Post a Comment