Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 17: Treat to the Gate Guards.


Day 17: Treat to the Gate Guards. 



They stand guard 24/7 to protect us. To make us feel secure coming and leaving our home.
We are thankful for them.

They sit in that tiny little shack with no A/C fully clothed with bullet proof vests to boot. With a heavily powered pistol at their side. Many days with the intense Puerto Rico heat beaming down on them.

Yes, it is their job. They knew what they were signing up for when they agreed to take this job, but I wonder, how many people THANK them when coming in and out of the gate? I know how many people give them attitude because of expired tags, un-valid insurance, taking to long with another person holding up the line preventing them getting home quicker. I've been guilty of it myself.


(Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread for some of our favorite guards!)

I can tell you this.. I sleep better knowing that they are there. I leave things I shouldn't in my car from time to time because I feel secure. What makes me feel secure to let my children ride around at dusk, or go to a movie past dark- Knowing that we live on a base where the security officers take their job seriously. They patrol the neighborhoods while we sleep. They remind my kids to wear a helmet when they forget. They care about us and our safety. Which makes it VERY easy to find THANKS in GIVING.

No comments:

Post a Comment